Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I went for a walk tonight

Hello, migratory winged word listener! You've followed your nose, which always knows where to find these little stories like mousetraps!



I went for a walk tonight, for a second time this day, in the rain again. I became wet a second time, willingly, as I walked again this night, and I will again. And again. And it rained well and I wandered into circles. The leaves were slapped all around me by drops of rain, sharply against their skins. Some raindrops came down upon me, and my hood grew their echo into a thump in my ears. Up and down the Chapel Hill, until in the end I ended up at home again. I found upon a cat, a fat black and white cat. He saw my light and thought it was the light of his holy cat-god. The poor kitty leapt out of his soul! The poor cat jumped right back into his bones! There, there, kitty, kitty! The white speck at the tip of his tail followed his flight into the bushes. I never saw him again tonight. I may never will see him yesterday. I could always see him never. Fat cat, with the black and the white! What would nature say about your fur, dragging so close to the earth, your belly? I could not see you, for you left not a trace, and my memory you held in your mouth like a spent and tired little mouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home