Monday, May 23, 2005

south for the winter

This is the second time I write this, for the first attempt melted away in the unairconditioned heat. I´m meltiiiing
SO I made it safely here and have been treated like a king so far. I wonder if my luck will run out soon.
I have seen many things so far. Great poverty. The new shopping center with a burger king. people living in tin shacks and carrying water in large buckets on their shoulders. unlimited pizza hut advertisement.
It is winter here but the heat and humidity are stifling. It rains every day. But it is nice to see that people live. Makes me feel like a spoiled brat for complaining. The lack of hot water takes some getting used to, though.
I am going to cut this short due to the immense heat. More to come.
love
joaquin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home